Our client IuteCredit Europe AS is looking for a Senior Java Developer to join their small and newly established team of in-house developers. They are a rapidly growing and sustainable consumer loan provider. The holding company is in Tallinn which is specialized in consumer credits via its subsidiaries in Moldova, Albania, Macedonia and Kosovo. It administers strategic management, software development and Group financing & investor relations. The subsidiaries offer consumer credit services directly, manage local loan portfolios and develop local investor relations. The Group currently employs 120 people and a has a client base of 200,000 people. In the nearest future the company has a plan to launch new innovative payment services in the Balkan area.
As a Java Developer you will have an important part in redesigning the Loan Engine System (LES) of IuteCredit. It is the main software for IuteCredit group which covers end-to-end process for delivering consumer loans. The system is Web based application developed on Java, which uses Tomcat web service, PostgreSQL in CentOS Linux environment. The challenge will be to transform the LES from monolithic to microservice architecture type, develop a modular application which could be parametrized by our Administrators. A new integration layer should be developed to connect LES with external partner applications, SMS and Email gateways. Redesign of aftersales engine which generates SMS based on business rules applied on Customer Data.
As part of your everyday task you will:
- Design and develop microservices and web application functionalities in LES using Java;
- Develop and maintain clean code with structures notes and explanations;
- Analyse the system and implement changes which can optimize the system performance;
- Perform test on the developed code to achieve quality of delivered functionality;
- Code review of other developers’ code;
- Gather specific requirements and suggest solutions based on company needs;
- Prepare code documentation as needed to describe the program’s intended functionality;
- Participate in Business Requirement discussions, identify system impacts and design solutions;
- Understand and have good knowledge of technologies, architecture, frameworks and processes used in the project;
- Quick Turn Around to day-to-day and high priority ad-hoc requests;
- Participate in QA activities, final inspection, reviews, audits, metrics data generation, collection, interpretation and submission;
- Production Support and Incident Management.
You are welcome to apply if you:
- Have a University Degree in Computer Science;
- Have at least 2 years programming experience with Java (Spring, Hibernate, Swing, GWT, etc) and at least 3 years overall development experience.
- Have the ability to write readable, maintainable, robust, production quality code;
- Are familiar with Object-oriented design (OOD) principles and are able to analyse object-oriented code;
- Have experience in agile development processes;
- Are familiar with design patterns and multithreading;
- Know fundamental data structures and algorithms;
- Have experience with relational databases (PostgreSQL or other DB such as MS SQL or MySQL), Linux environment, bug tracking and version control systems;
- Have good command of English.
- Experience with Jira software stack is an advantage.
This is a great career opportunity for an ambitious developer looking to become part of a fast-growing international company that values diversity and personal growth. You will also have the chance to give your input in designing the development process and grow with the company. This role offers you a competitive salary and benefits package as well as possibilities for an individual development path. You will be working in a modern office building in the centre of Tallinn.
To apply please send your resume and cover letter to Ingrit Kaldoja, Recruitment Specialist at Executive Lab Search firstname.lastname@example.org by the 24th of September at the latest.